Monday, November 12, 2007

Camping Obsession

I was fortunate enough to be raised in a family took lots of road trips. We camped all over the U.S. which is what sparked my love for nature. Now that I'm all grown up... not much has changed.

Reading "Hatchet" by Gary Paulsen and "My Side of the Mountain" inspired me even more to pursue my passion for the great out doors. After seeing the enormous Red Woods of California and the breath taking mountain scenery of the North East, I really couldn't just go back home and forget about it all.

Bear Grylls is one of my most recent heros. Popular from the hit Discovery show "Man vs. Wild," he has given me the confidence to survive primarily off of the earth. He taught me to never underestimate what the human body can do under intense situations.

Just this weekend I went camping with some of my home town pals. I ended up eating a cricket and fresh caught oysters from a near by lake. I'm not going to lie, the cricket was grimy and the oyster was very tough!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not much of a camper, as I've never been camping. But I really like Man vs. Wild, it always on tv when I should go to sleep but I'm hooked once I start seeing it. That's not good for my hours of sleep. =P
    Okay, that's all I had to say in this random comment.

    ReplyDelete